Tuition & Fees
Tuition is the cost of lessons. Tuition covers not only the actual lesson time spent with the student, however, but also time preparing for each student as well. This includes:
- An individualized plan for each student’s course of study
- Development of teaching materials, often created just for a given student
- Training and experience
- Recital Preparation and repertoire planning
- Professional organization memberships
- Continuing education
Annual Operations Fee
Each September the Annual Operations Fee of $70 is charged. This fee is applied to the expenses of operating my studio, which include utilities, maintenance, supplies, recital rental fees & expenses, and so on. For families with multiple family members taking lessons, this fee is discounted for each member, as follows:
- 2 family members – 15% discount
- 3 family members – 30% discount
- 4 family members – 45% discount
Book & Events Fee
Rather than bill you as books are obtained or events entered, I established a Books & Event Fees Account for each student. When first beginning lessons with me, each student will make a deposit in their B & E account to bring it up to the required balance. I will maintain a ledger in a spread sheet for each student in which I will show deposits made into the student’s account, deductions for items I purchase or fees I pay for the student and the current balance. Twice a year, at the beginning of the Fall & Spring semesters, I will email each student or students’ parents a report showing deposits, expenditures and the current balance (such a report may be requested at any time). If needed, a deposit will be made to bring the account back up to the required balance. Any unused amount in a given student’s account will be credited or returned should the student discontinue lessons.
My purpose for doing this is two-fold. This will simplify invoicing for you and me, since only in September & January will the invoice vary from the monthly tuition. It will also ensure that both the student and I know what has been spent beyond the tuition towards the student’s piano education.
Invoices are emailed on or before the 1st of the month.
The monthly tuition is due on the 1st of the month and late after the 10th of the month. Late payments will incur a $25 late fee.
I accept any of the following methods of payment:
- Checks – please make payable to Kevin Guess.
- Zelle Pay – you may use either my phone number or email address (email@example.com)
- PayPal – since you are paying for a service, you music choose “Paying for an item or service.” PayPal will charge a fee for the transaction of 2.9% + $0.30. This will need to be added to the tuition amount.
Payments may be made monthly, or by semester (4 months for Fall, 5 months for the Spring and 3 months for Summer).